Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I'm Now at Peace



It's funny. I have always known that you would never be more.




It's also funny, because you've been so frequently visiting my dreams lately, and more than necessary too. Why? It wasn't like this, a few months back. I'd rather "you" "visit" someone else. Every version of you in my dream is the same; you're always in the periphery, really close to the shadow, as if my brain couldn't do much to conjure up the full image of you but still pertain to do so, for what reason, I don't even know. But the thing is, I never fail to notice your presence, no matter how weak, how incomplete you appear.

But I do nothing, because I've guessed it: You'll never be more.

This remembrance, at first, was a curse. But thanks to this unnecessary dream visits too, I've now become able to completely disregard the very presence of you in my dreams. Maybe the dreams themselves have served their purpose, because I'm now at peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment